ResearchOur research focuses on the intersection of strategy and organization:
(1) Strategic design of organizations, including mathematical modeling of organizations,
(2) strategic organization of search, learning, and innovation, and
(3) strategic organization of business processes, value chains, and networks.
We have an extensive research network with relevant national and international players and networks.The Strategic Organization Design unit has an extensive research network with relevant national and international players and networks. In particular, SOD has close international collaboration with researchers at:
- Duke University
- London Business School
- Stanford University
- The Wharton School
At the national level, SOD is part of the DRUID (Danish Research Unit on Industrial Dynamics) network. www.druid.dk
Furthermore, SOD has close collaboration with SMG at Copenhagen Business School.
- Richard Burton - Duke University
- James March - Stanford University
- Sidney Winter - The Wharton School
- Daniel A. Levinthal - The Wharton School
We consistently communicate our research in publications, conferences, workshops, and seminars.
The Strategic Organization Design consistently communicates its research in publications, conferences, workshops, and seminars and is an active member in national and international research networks.
Besides publishing in journals that matter, SOD encourages members’ editorial work and reviewer activities. SOD members have recently published in Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Journal of Management Studies, Management Science, Organization Science, and Strategic Management Journal.